- Iyer, L. M. (2020). A self-study of pedagogical experiences in History Education at a university during the COVID-19 pandemic. Yesterday &Today, 24, 92-111. http://dx.doi.org/10.17159/2223-0386/2020/n24a6
- Iyer, L.M. (2018). South African Social Sciences teachers’ views on the integration of History and Geography in the General Education and Training phase. The Journal for Transdisciplinary Research in Southern Africa, 14(2), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.4102/td.v14i2.482
- Iyer, L. (2017). Social Sciences in the South African curriculum. In J. Wassermann (Ed.), Teaching Social Sciences: Intermediate and Senior Phases (1-18). Cape Town: Oxford University Press Southern Africa. ISBN: 9780190421458 https://www.oxford.co.za/book/9780190421458-teaching-social-sciences-intermediate-and-senior-phases#.XysITSgzY2w
- Iyer, L. (2016). Every step of the way: The journey to freedom in South Africa. Yesterday and Today, (16), 124-126. ISSN 2309-9003 http://www.scielo.org.za/pdf/yt/n16/09.pdf
- Iyer, L.M. (2011). An investigation into social sciences in the general education and training band: Teachers’ views and pedagogy as in relation to integration. Durban: University of KwaZulu-Natal. http://hdl.handle.net/10413/6429
- Iyer, L.M. (2011). Our world, our society – Social Sciences grade 8. Yesterday & Today 7, 90-193. https://repository.nwu.ac.za/bitstream/handle/10394/6860/BB_2012(7)_Iyer.pdf;jsessionid=C0255715894997C6940CFF753BAFD937?sequence=1
- Iyer, L.M. (2008). Using iPods to teach History. Yesterday & Today 3, 94-104.