A very warm welcome to the School of Education Teaching and Learning
I am L R Maharajh – the Academic Leader of Teaching and Learning in the School of Education.
The purpose of the Academic Leader (Teaching and Learning) is to provide academic leadership in Teaching and Learning. The Academic Leader is a member of the School Management Committee (SMC).
The Academic Leader (Teaching and Learning) supports Dean and Head of School with Academic and Administrative Functions. Some of the Academic and Administrative duties and responsibilities of the Academic Leader (Teaching and Learning) are:
- Provide Teaching and Learning leadership within the School
- Chair the school Teaching and Learning Committee
- Facilitate teaching-related staff development and training including but not limited to curriculum development pedagogy and assessments.
- Reporting on Teaching and Learning matters
- Ensuring Teaching and Learning processes are implemented as per policy and University and College procedures
- Deal with student grievances within the School
- Monitor the teaching programmes to ensure quality delivery of teaching and assessment
This Teaching and Learning webpage will grant you access to some of the policy documents that guides our work in the School, as well as highlights and recent developments of the Teaching and Learning office.
Policies and Guideline Documents