- Master of Education (Geography), UKZN, 2016
- Doctor of Philosophy (Geography), UKZN, In progress
Thabile Zondi, a lecturer in Geography, joined the School of Education in 2017.
Her teaching includes Human and Physical Geography at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. She has supervised Honours and Masters research projects to completion.
Her current research includes Geography education, pedagogy and assessment, GIS, theology, environmental sustainability, as well as student movements. Her research and scholarship have been recognised by an award of the University Support Development Programme (USDP), where she was also awarded an opportunity to participate as a visiting scholar in the South African Doctoral Mentorship Programme at Teachers College, Columbia University, New York.
She has served in the School’s teaching and learning committee for a period of two years and she is currently the Social Science’s cluster language champion.
- Hlatshwayo, M., & Zondi, T. (Forthcoming). Gazing at South African higher education transformation through the potential role of the Wesleyan quadrilateral: A theological approach. HTS Teologiese Studies / Theological Studies.
- Zondi, T., & Tarisayi, K., (2020). A Learner Perspective on the implementation of Geographic Information Systems in selected schools in KwaZulu-Natal province. The Journal for Transdisciplinary Research in Southern Africa, 16(1), 1-6.
- Dube, B., & Zondi, T. (2019). The Incongruity of Mafiarised Religion and Ontological Density in South Africa: What it Offers Africa’s 21st Century Scholarship. African Renaissance, 16(3), 39-56.