B.A. B.Ed; Masters; PhD
Joined university in 2012 until present in the Social Justice Discipline, Pietermaritzburg campus.
Social Justice Education – equity in education; social justice and pedagogy, social identities and oppression; education and inequality
Social Justice Education; education and social inequality; gender and education, diversity, pedagogy, curriculum and social justice
- Ngema, Z.A. (2014). The geographies of the schooling experiences of immigrant children at a primary school in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Hlatshwayo, G.M. (2016). Children’s conception of spirituality and morality: Narratives of eight Grade 3 learners
- Sikhakhane, H.D. (2016). Bullying at a high school in KwaZulu-Natal: Narratives of eight Grade 10 learners
- Jordan, B. Student Number: 203402258: Emotional geographies of learning: Narratives of African second language learners.
- Kheswa, N. Student Number 901311850: Geographies of career aspirations: Narratives of teen parents
- Zondi, M Student Number: 952059975: The geographies of disabled learners: Voices from adolescents from a rural context
- Singh, S. Student Number: 204400940: An exploration of the pedagogical practices and experiences of Grade R educators in assisting learners in acquiring a second language.
- Zwezwe. A. Student Number: 213570676. An exploration of English second language teachers’ experiences when teaching English as a second language to Second Language learners.
Children’s Geographies Project
- Martin. M & Muthukrisha, N. (2011). Deconstructing discourses of gender equality in cross-gender friendships: Grade seven boys and girls in an inner city school. Gender & Behaviour, 9(1), pp. 3798-3816.
- Martin, M & Ngcobo, J. (2015). Social Justice as a conduit for broadening curriculum access: Stories from classroom teachers. Perspectives in Education, 33(1), 87-99.