- BA, Cape Town, 1989
- HDE (PG) Sec., Cape Town, 1990
- MCRP, Cape Town, 2000
- PhD, Rhodes, 2021
- Over 20 years’ service as lecturer in this field at this University. Five years’ service as a teacher.
- Mountain-oriented education
- Mountain studies
- Mapwork education
- Research methodology
- Geography Education
Chapters in Books
- Heath, G.E.C. (2021). The Northern Drakensberg Cableway: An unworkable yet immortal development. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 10(5), 1670-1682. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46222/ajhtl.19770720-185.
- Heath, G. (2017). The territorial labelling of a heritage site in the north eastern Cape Drakensberg, South Africa- the case of the Linton Cave. Les carnets du LabEx ITEM. Grenoble, France. https://labexitem.hypotheses.org/567.
- Heath, G. (2011). In Search of Mapwork: A worthwhile book for the geography classroom. Yesterday & Today, 7(13), 185-188.
Chapters in Books
- 2020-2021, Keep-it-Cool Climate Change Education, Project to educate high school teachers about climate change
- 2016-2021, Cluster co-representative, Social Science Education
- Understanding research
- Geography Education topics
- B Ed Hons Education for Sustainable Development and Education for Climate Change
- Ayanda Africa (2019). Education for Climate Change at the FET Geography level in South Africa- a literature review.
- Ntombizodumo Mkhungo (2019). A Comparison on how sustainable development is taught between South African schools and United States (California) in the senior high school phase.
- Shaylen Naidoo (2020). Representation of tenets of climate change mitigation in South African Further Education and Training Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (Geography): A content analysis of relevant literature.