(031) 260 3104
| Office Address
- Primary School Teacher (February 2008 – June 2008)
- High School Teacher (August 2008 – September 2009)
- Lecturer (2010 – Present)
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- UKZN Masters Scholarship
- UKZN PhD Scholarship
- Multiculturalism, African identity, Issues of prejudice, Integration, Textbook research
- History Education: Historical literacy, Prejudices in History, African and South African history, Globalisation
- Master of Education
- B.Ed Honours
- Iyer, L.M. (2008). Using iPods to teach History. Yesterday & Today 3, pp.64-105.
- Iyer, L.M. (2011). An investigation into social sciences in the general education and training band: Teachers’ views and pedagogy as in relation to integration. Durban: University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Iyer, L.M. (2011). Our world, our society – Social Sciences grade 8. Yesterday & Today 7, pp.190-193.