Jabulisile Cynthia Ngwenya
|Phone||031 260 3621|
|Office Address||CF 146, Main Tutorial Building|
- B Arts, B Compt, BA Honours, Med, Phd
Profile (Experience, Accomplishments, Awards, etc.):
- I have eight years lecturing experience from first year to post-graduate level including Honours, Masters and PhD supervision. I am a head of Commerce Education discipline. I am also an external moderator and examiner of Commerce education modules. I have fifteen years’ experience as Accounting secondary teacher of which six years were as Head of Department (Commerce) and two as a deputy principal.
- Recipient of National Research Foundation (NRF) Grant for PhDTrack in 2011
- Teaching, learning and assessment in Accounting Education, rural education and teacher development.
- Teaching Accounting Education (undergraduate and Honours students)
- Supervising IRP, Masters and PhD in Commerce Education and Assessment in Education.
- Helping Accounting teachers with new topics in the curriculum.
Publications/Selected Publications (2011 – 2013):
- Title of article: Teaching and Assessment in Accounting: An Exploration of Teachers’ Experiences in a Rural KwaZulu-Natal School Published in Journal of Social Sciences
Chapters in Books:
- 2013 Title of book: (Conference proceedings) Educational Research in South Africa: Practices and Perspectives, Title of the chapter: Teaching and assessment in Accounting: an exploration of teachers’ understandings and practices in a rural KwaZulu-Natal school
- 2010 Title of the book: Praxis Towards Sustainable Empowering Learning Environments in South Africa, Title of the chapter: Moving Towards interactive Formative Assessment