- Higher Education Degree (University of Natal), Bachelor of Education Honours (University of Natal), Master of Education (UKZN), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)(UKZN)
- Teaching at both basic education and higher education.
- Undergraduate and post graduate course design.
- Doctoral support lectures
- Presentations at Doctoral seminars
- Proposal development in Doctoral Cohort
- Lecturing Gender Education modules (Honours and Masters)
- Lecturing Professional Studies, Education Studies and Micro Teaching
- Lecturing in Social Justice Education and Diversity and Learning
- Lecturing National Professional Diploma in Education (NPDE)
Peer Reviewer for the following journals (2012- 2016)
- Gender and Education
- International Journal of Educational Development
- African Journal of AIDS Research (AJAR)
- NRF Research Grant
- Ernest and Ethel Eriksen Trust Grant
- Mellon Foundation Research grant
- Post-doctoral scholarship: Women in Research Academy
- Golden Key Membership
- Masculinities and Schooling
- Young People Gender and Sexual Identities
- Violence, Gender and Schooling
- Coloured identity[ies]
- Teaching in Education Studies Professional Studies and Gender Education
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) Supervision
- Independent Research Module (IRP) in Gender and Education
- Master of Education Supervision
- Doctoral Supervision
- Guest Speaker at School Awards Ceremonies
- Guest Speaker at Women`s Day Celebrations
- Presenter at Adult Formation at Christ the King Parish – Men and Women Conferences in Wentworth
- Guest Speaker at youth conferences
- Board chairperson at Holy Family College in Glenwood, Durban
- Treasurer for Young Cavaliers Football Club in Wentworth, Durban
- Treasurer: Keith `Skido` Joseph Foundation (NGO)
Publications/Selected Publications (2014 – 2016):
- Bhana, D and Anderson, B (2013): Desire and constraint in the construction of South African teenage women`s sexualities. Sexualities 16 (5/6): 548-564.
- Anderson, B (2013): “If you love me you`ll wait”: Sex, love and agency in coloured teenage girls` accounts of sexuality. Agenda.
- Bhana, D and Anderson, B (2013): Gender, relationship dynamics and South African girls’ vulnerability to sexual risk. AJAR 12 (1): 25 – 31
- Anderson, B. (2010). `Coloured` boys talk: Constructing heterosexual masculinities in a working class high school context. Journal of Psychology in Africa, 20(4): 635-646.
- Anderson, B. (2010). “You`re not a man if you hit a girl”: `Coloured` high-school boys doing heterosexual masculinity differently. Agenda 83: 74-87.
- Anderson, B. (2009). `Coloured` boys resisting gangster masculinity: “I’m not so into gangs anymore. I’ve started going to church now”. Agenda, Special Issue 80: 55-67.
Chapters in Books:
- Anderson, B. (2016). Education: With Emphasis on South African Education, In M. Seedat-Khan, Z. L. Jansen and R. Smith (Eds) Sociology: A South African Perspective pp. 156-170.