- Master of Education (MEd); University of KwaZulu-Natal; 2011
- Bachelor of Education Honours (B.Ed. Hons); University of KwaZulu-Natal; 2006
- Lecturing and coordinating Physical Science, Natural Science & Technology undergraduate modules and PGCE EDNS 604 postgraduate module.
- Supervising Masters and Honours research dissertation
- Teaching Physical Sciences at school level for twenty years.
- Worked at Mathematics, Science and Technology Academy (MSTA) as an assistant director for research.
- Practical work in science education
- Inquiry-Based Science Teaching
- Teacher knowledge, beliefs and goals
- Teaching and learning in Natural Sciences & Technology
- Assessment in science education
- Teaching Chemistry in Physical Sciences
- Teaching pedagogy in PGCE Natural Sciences
- Teaching Integrated Natural Sciences & Technology
- Teaching method modules in Physical Science and Natural Science.
- Chirikure, T.,Govender, N., Sibanda, D., Kolobe, L., Good, M.-A., & Ngema, S. (2019). Adding voices to Physical Sciences pre-service teachers’ approaches to learning. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/182019.1654211.
Chapters in Books
- 2016 to date: member of UKZN Mintek Minquiz
- 2017 to date: SAARMSTE member
- Developing inquiry-based lesson plan
- Maximising PCK for integrated science and technology
- Conducting practical work in science education
- Goge Sbusiso (2018) Exploring the effect of code switching in the performance of Grade 10 Physical Sciences learners
- Mtwali Gladness Thembelihle (2019) Exploring grade 10 physical sciences leaners ’views about practical work: A case of one school in KwaZulu-Natal
- Ndlovu Phillip Sibusiso (2020) Exploring teachers’ instructional practices in teaching work, energy and power. A case study of a Grade 12 Physical Sciences teacher at Umgungundlovu district.