- PhD (Physics), UKZN 2021
- MSc (Physics), UKZN 2017
- BSHons (Physics), UKZN 2015
- BSc (Physics and Statistics), UKZN 2014
- Organic semiconductors and device physics.
- Physics Education in BEd program
Chapters in Books
- Dlamini, Mpilo W., Xolani G. Mbuyise, and Genene T. Mola. “ZnO: Ag nano-particles decorated hole transport layer for improved photon harvesting.” Applied Physics A 128, no. 2 (2022): 1-10.
- Mbuyise, Xolani G., Mpilo W. Dlamini, and Genene Tessema Mola. “Metal nano- composite induced light trapping and enhanced solar cell performances.” Physica B: Condensed Matter (2021): 413321.
- Mola, Genene Tessema, Makhosazane C. Mthethwa, Mohammed SG Hamed, Michael A. Adedeji, Xolani G. Mbuyise, Amit Kumar, Gaurav Sharma, and Yong Zang. “Local surface plasmon resonance assisted energy harvesting in thin film organic solar cells.” Journal of Alloys and Compounds 856 (2021): 158172.
- Mbuyise, X.G. and G.T. Mola, Polycrystal metals nano-composite assisted photons harvesting in thin film organic solar cell. Solar Energy, 2020. 208: p. 930-936.
- Dlamini, M.W., Hamed, M.S.G., Mbuyise, X.G. and Mola, G.T., Improved energy harvesting using well‑aligned ZnS nanoparticles in bulk‑heterojunction organic solar cell. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS SCIENCE-MATERIALS IN ELECTRONICS, 2020.
- Mbuyise, X.G., E.A. Arbab, and G.T. Mola, The effect of a trimetallic nanocomposite in the solar absorber layer of organic solar cells. RSC Advances, 2019. 9(11): p. 6070-6076.
- Xolani G. Mbuyise, Elhadi A.A. Arbab, K. Kaviyarasu, G. Pellicane, M. Maaza, Genene Tessema Mola: Zinc oxide doped single wall carbon nanotubes in hole transport buffer layer. Journal of Alloys and Compounds 02/2017; 706., DOI:10.1016/j.jallcom.2017.02.249.
- ‘Xolani G. Mbuyise, Tonui Patrick, Genene Tessema Mola: The effect of interfacial layers on charge transport in organic solar cell. Physica B Condensed Matter 05/2016; 496., DOI:10.1016/j.physb.2016.05.02.
Chapters in Books
- Assisting learners within the society to improve their problem-solving skills in Mathematics and Science.
- Ad-Hoc Lecturing, Tutoring, Lab Demonstrator, Supplementary Instructor (SI) and Lab Assistant Technician.