- PhD Chemistry Education University of KwaZulu-Natal 2009- 2013
- M.Ed. Science Education University of KwaZulu-Natal 2004 – 2006
- B.Ed. Chemistry University of Zimbabwe 1999 – 2000
- Ad DipEd Education University of London. 1995 – 1998
- Cert. Ed. Education Gweru Teachers College, Zimbabwe 1989 – 1991
- Doras Sibanda is a senior lecturer in chemistry education at the University of KwaZulu Natal in the school of Education. Her research interests are in teaching sequences in chemistry education, mentoring of science teachers, inquiry based science teaching, pedagogical content knowledge and creativity in Africa, STEM education, teacher development and curriculum decolonization.
- I teach a variety of courses from undergraduate to honors in science education. The courses include natural science content in chemistry, physical sciences, PGCE natural sciences and teaching and learning courses at honors level.
- Sibanda, D & Jawahar, K (2012). Exploring the impact of mentoring in-service teachers enrolled in a Mathematics, Science and Technology Education Programme. Alternation 19 (2), 257-272.
- Sibanda, D & Hobden, P. (2015). Planning teaching sequences for teaching chemical bonding. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education. 19(1), 23-33. dx.doi.org/10.1080/102884557.2014.1002298.
- Sibanda, D & Hobden, P. (2016). The Sequencing of basic chemistry topics by physical science teachers. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, DOI: 10.1080/18117295.2016.1187505.
- Mukeredzi, T & Sibanda, D (2016) Part-time PGCE teacher-students: What do they bring to and expect from a formal programme? Australian Journal of Teacher Education), 41(9), 80-99.
- Sibanda, D (2018) What Sequence do we follow in Teaching Concepts in Chemistry. A Study of High School Physical Science Teachers’ PCK, African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 22(2), 196-208, DOI: 10.1080/18117295.2018.1484408
- Sibanda, D & Mukeredzi, T. (2018) Physical science teachers’ insights into pedagogical and content knowledge, and the nature of support of an ACE in-service programme. Alternation, Special edition 23, 169- 196.
- Rollnick, M., Toerien, R., Sibanda, D., Hattingh, A. & Kind , V. (2018). Teachers’ Knowledge for teaching chemical bonding: Scope and Trajectories. In Finlayson, O.E., McLoughlin, E., Erduran, S., & Childs, P. (Eds.), Electronic Proceedings of the ESERA 2017 Conference. Research, Practice and Collaboration in Science Education, Part 3: Strand 3, (Fechner, S & Tiberghien, A), (pp. 518-527), Dublin, Ireland: Dublin City University. ISBN 978-1-873769-84-3
- Mohamed Almakki,, A., Samir Kumar Nandy,. SK, Sabyasachi Mondal, S. Sibanda, P & Sibanda, D. (2019). A model for entropy generation in stagnation point flow of non‐Newtonian Jeffrey, Maxwell, and Oldroyd‐B nanofluids. Heat Transfer—Asian Research, 48 (1), 24-41. DOI: 10.1002/htj.21366.
- Oyelakin, I.S, Mondal, S., Sibanda, P& Sibanda, D. (2019). Bioconvection in Casson nanofluid flow with Gyrotactic microorganisms and variable surface heat flux. International Journal of Biomathematics, 12(3),
- Chirikure, T., Govender, N., Sibanda, D., Kolobe, L., Good, M.-A., & Ngema, S. (2019). Adding voices to physical sciences pre-service teachers’ approaches to learning. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 23(2), 195-205. doi:10.1080/18117295.2019.1654211.
- Nhlengethwa, K., Govender, N. & Sibanda, D (2020). Final-year pre-service primary school teachers’ understanding of inquiry-based-science teaching. Baltic Science Education 19(3), 454-466. doi.org/10.33225/jbse/20.19.454.
- Nhlengethwa, K.B., Govender, N., & Sibanda, D (2020). Primary school pre-service teachers’ enactment of inquiry-based-science teaching, Education 3-13, DOI: 10.1080/03004279.2020.1854958.
- Naidoo, J & Sibanda, D. (2020). Examining science performance of South African grade 9 learners in TIMSS 2015 through a ‘Gender lens’. South Africa Journal of Education, 40 (Supplrment 2), p S1-S10.
- Sibanda, D & Amin, N (2021). The link between a mentorship programme for mathematics, science and technology in-service teachers and professional development, Sage Open, 11(1):215824402098873:DOI: 10.1177/2158244020988732
- Sibanda, D, & Rollnick, M. (2020). Post graduate certificate in Education students’ topic specific pedagogical content knowledge (TSPCK) on particulate nature of matter. ISBN in the ESERA 2019 Conference e-Proceedings series titled “The Beauty and Pleasure of Understanding: Engaging with Contemporary Challenges Through Science Education” January 2021, Conference: ESERA201, At: Bologna.
- Oyelakin, I.S., Sibanda, D., & Sibanda, P. (2021). Numerical analysis of nonlinear density relation and binary reaction with sinusoidal wall temperature, AICHE Journal (inpress)
- Govender, N, Good M-A.& Sibanda, D (2016). Preservice Teachers Collaborative Learning of Gases and Kinetic Molecular Theory (KMT) Using CmapTools©: A Variation Theory PONTE International Journal of Sciences and Research 72 (12), 394-412
- 2008- Current member of organizing committee for KZN, Minitek Quiz
- Science Cluster representative community engagement
- Member of SAARMSTE, ESERA
- Natural Science EDNS 210
- PGCE Natural Science teaching
- PGCE Physical sciences teaching
- Physical Science for Educators EDPS 320
- Physical Science for Educators EDPS 220
- Physical Science Method 1 EDPS201
- Teaching and learning in Science 11 (Hon)
- Teaching and learning in Science 1 (Hon)
- 2018: Maxwell Mkhize 204514944- An analysis of TVET NCV Agricultural Soil Science Curriculum for students learning
- 2019: Nontokozo Mbokazi 213507545- Exploring grade 10 physical science learners’ understanding of the nature of science in a township school
- 2019: Njabulo Mabika 214556165- An investigation of errors made by students when learning the mole concept from secondary schools in Physical Sciences
- 2019: Nokuthula Raula 212507167- Exploring Life Science Teachers’ teaching strategies in teaching genetics to Grade 12 learners