- Ad DipEd
- Cert. Ed
Dr Sibanda’s primary research interests are in chemistry education, specifically teaching sequences of chemistry concepts, PCK, mentoring and teacher knowledge. She has over thirteen years ‘teaching experience and has graduated masters.
- Natural Science
- PGCE Natural Science teaching specialization
- Physical Science for Educators
- Physical Science Method
- Teaching and learning in Science
- Assessment in Science
- Sibanda, D & Jawahar, K (2012). Exploring the impact of mentoring in-service teachers enrolled in a Mathematics, Science and Technology Education Programme. Alternation 19 (2), 257-272.
- Sibanda, D & Hobden, P. (2015). Planning teaching sequences for teaching chemical bonding. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education. 19(1), 23-33. dx.doi.org/10.1080/102884557.2014.1002298.
- Sibanda, D & Hobden, P. (2016). The Sequencing of basic chemistry topics by physical science teachers. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, DOI: 10.1080/18117295.2016.1187505.
- Mukeredzi, T & Sibanda, D (2016) Part-time PGCE teacher-students: What do they bring to and expect from a formal programme? Australian Journal of Teacher Education), 41(9), 80-99.
- Govender, N, Good M-A.& Sibanda,D (2016). Preservice Teachers Collaborative Learning of Gases and Kinetic Molecular Theory (KMT) Using CmapTools©: A Variation Theory Analysis. PONTE International Journal of Sciences and Research 72 (12), 394-412.
- Sibanda, D (2018) .Teachers’ ideas of good science teacher: A reflection of teaching sequence for high school chemistry. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education (in press)
- 2017 Ngubane L. Exploring Biological Sciences Preservice Science Teachers’ Sense Making of Assessment Feedback at a South African university, Co-supervisor 2st year (Data collection)
- 2017 Sisobo, S An exploration of teaching strategies used by Natural Science teachers when teaching Energy and Change content in a grade 9 classroom 2st year; Main supervisor (proposal defended).
- 2014 Simelane. VS Exploring Pre-service Teachers’ Experiences in Learning Chemistry at a College in Swaziland. Sole Supervisor 4st year (Completed 2018)
- 2014: Magwaza T. I. An exploratory study of factors that contribute to poor performance by Grade 10 to 12 learners in Physical Sciences in Mtunzini circuit; Main Supervisor 4st year (Submitted)
- 2014 Grade Zodwa Dlamini Teacher’s views of water Crisis in Manzini Region of Swaziland: A Case Study of Four Rural Primary Schools 3nd year; Sole supervisor (Completed 2017)
- 2014 Mfeka N Exploring the impact of water scarcity on the well-being of primary school learners in the Lubombo region of Swaziland; Sole Supervisor 3nd year (Completed 2017)
- 2014: Samaneka. F. An exploration of Grade 10 Life Sciences teachers’ views on the implementation of the Practical examinations in Life Sciences at selected high schools in the Escort region; Co-supervisor (completed 2015).
- 2008- Current member of organizing committee for KZN, Minitek Quiz
- Science Cluster representative community engagement
- Member of SAARMSTE, ESERA