- M.Sc. ;
- B.Sc. (Hons);
- Fifteen years teaching experience in a Higher Education Institution.
- Thirteen years teaching experience at school and Colleges of Education.
- Mathematics Subject Advisor in the former Kwazulu-Natal Department of Education.
- Managing the department of education at a college of education.
- Developing teaching and learning materials for educators and students and learners.
- Managing and coordinating a Faculty-Based Qualification.
- Acted as Discipline Head for Mathematics Education
- Awarded the M.Sc. degree with distinction
- Excellence in Teaching Practice for the HDE.
- Excellent mathematics teaching record based on the pass rates over the years.
- Accomplished peer evaluation reports on teaching quality from an international visiting lecturer.
- Best Teaching Team Award for 2016 in the College of Humanities Excellence Awards
- Awarded funding by SAIDE to conduct research under the PILO Research Project 2017
- The effective understanding of functions in the FET level.
- The conceptualization of limits and continuity by undergraduate students.
- The role of effective feedback in enhancing the teaching and learning.
- The teaching and learning of functions across the FET phase.
- Broadening the understanding of calculus at FET level and beyond.
- Successfully supervised three B.Ed. (Hons) students to complete their Independent Research Project.
- Currently co-supervising two M.Ed. students doing full dissertations
- Conducting mathematics education workshops for in-service teachers.
- Assisting CASME with Jika iMfundo Head of Department Training
- Providing academic support to mathematics educators through CASME
- Evaluation of Education Projects.
- Bansilal S, Brijlall D, Mkhwanazi T, (In Pres), An exploration of the common content knowledge of high school mathematics teachers Part 2: (Under review)
- Bansilal, S., Mkhwanazi, T.W. (2014). Mathematical Literacy teachers’ engagement with contextualised income tax calculations: Pythagoras, 35(2), Art. #246, 10 pages.
- Bansilal S, Brijlall D, Mkhwanazi T, (2014), An exploration of the common content knowledge of high school mathematics teachers: Perspectives in Education, 32(1) 34 – 50
- Bansilal S, Mkhwanazi T, Mahlabela PT (2012), Mathematical Literacy teachers’ engagement with contextual tasks based on personal finance: Perspectives in Education, 30(3) 98 – 109
- Brijlall D, Maharaj A, Bansilal S, Mkhwanazi T, Dubinsky E (2011), A pilot study exploring pre-service teachers understanding of the relationship between 0,9 and 1. Proceedings of the Seventeenth National Congress of the Association for Mathematics Education of South Africa (AMESA), 1, 375 – 388
- Bansilal S, Mkhwanazi WT, Mahlabela PT (2010), Mathematical Literacy teachers’ engagement with contexts related to personal finance. Proceedings of the Eighteen Annual Meeting of the Southern African Association for Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education (SAARMSTE), 3, 199 – 206