- B Paed Science University of Zululand
- SSTD Science University of Zululand
- B Ed Science Honours University of Zululand
- M Sc Mathematics Education Wits University
- PhD Mathematics Education Wits University
- Currently Lectures Mathematics Education at the University of KwaZulu Natal
- Executive Director/Head of Thandulwazi Maths and Science Academy at St Stithians College
- Content Advisor for the Select Committee for Education in Parliament, Cape Town.
- CEO at the Centre for the Advancement of Science and Mathematics Education (CASME)
- HOD School of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education at Fort Hare
- Lecturer at the University of Johannesburg
- Deputy Principal at Mntanenkosi High School
- HOD Maths and Sciences at Sinethezekile Combined School
- I received Oppenheimer Fund for a study visit to Oxford University at the time when I was doing my PhD.
- Curriculum issues in Mathematics, Teaching and learning Mathematics, Mathematics Education teacher professional development, Contexts in Mathematics, Psychology and Philosophy of Mathematics
- Research in Mathematics
- Curriculum issues in Mathematics
- Trigonometry and Geometry
- Mathematics Education
- Mthethwa, T.M. (2009). Exploring teachers’ interpretation and implementation of the intended Mathematical Literacy Curriculum. Proceedings of the 17th Conference of SAARMSTE. Rhodes University.
- Mthethwa, T.M (2009). An analysis of Mathematical Literacy curriculum documents: cohesions, deviations and worries. Proceedings of the 15th Annual National Congress of the Association for Mathematics of South Africa. Free State University.
- Mthethwa, T.M. (2010). Teachers’ views on the role of context in Mathematical Literacy Curriculum. Proceedings of the 18th Conference of SAARMSTE. University of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
- Mthethwa,T.M & Graven, M (2010). Teachers’ experiences of teaching Mathematical Literacy curriculum. International Commission of Mathematics Instruction (ICMI) Conference. University of Botswana, Gaborone.
- Mthethwa,T.M (2012). Teacher’s experiences of interpretation and implementation of a new curriculum: A case of South African Mathematical Literacy curriculum. Proceedings of the 20th Conference of SAARMSTE. University of Malawi, Lilongwe.
- Mthethwa, T.M (2012). Models and Approaches in Supporting Teaching & Learning of Mathematics and Science in SA Schools-the Role of ICT. MATHS, SCIENCE & ICT IN EDUCATION CONVENTION. 28, 29 & 30 AUGUST 2012, Apollo Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- I am a member of the KZN Technical Task Team for MST advising the office of the Premier.
- I am a Board Member of Editors for the Teaching and Learning Journal, a division of Pythagoras.