- Currently lectures Computer Science Education
- Lecturer for Computer modules for the University of Free State satellite campus
- Subject Head for Computers at school level
- Mathematics, Information Technology and Computer Applications Technology teacher
- Columbia University alumni
- Reviewed article/s for the following Journal:
- African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
- South African Computer Journal
- The integration of teaching/learning of Mathematics and ICTs, online learning, self-regulated learning, exploring programming languages, instructional design models, efficient code design, Geometry, Trigonometry, visualization, use of apps in education, robotics and design, algorithmic thinking, dynamic software, pre-service teachers, web designs, innovative designs that enhance the teaching/learning process in computer programming and Mathematics.
- Computer programming
- ICTs in education
- Database integration
- Govender, R. G., & Govender, D. W. (2020). ROBOPROG: Learning of flowcharts through a gamified experience. International Journal of eBusiness and eGovernment Studies, 12(2), 612-624.
- Govender, R. G., & Govender, D. W. (2019). Learning geometry online: A creative individual learning experience. International Journal of eBusiness and eGovernment Studies, 12(2), 151-165.
- Naidoo, J., & Govender, R. G. (2019). Exploring In-service and Pre-service Teachers’ Perceptions of Integrating Technology-based Tools When Teaching Circle Geometry. The International Journal of Science, Mathematics and Technology Learning, 26(2), 29-49.
- Naidoo, J., & Govender, R. (2014). Exploring the use of a dynamic online software programme in the teaching and learning of trigonometric graphs. Pythagoras, 35(2), 45-57.
- IT grounding sessions targeting under performing schools
- Currently supervising master students