- Honours in Computer Science,
- B. Comm,
- Discipline Coordinator : Computer Science Education (2012 to present)
- Head of School – 2010 – 2011 – School of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education (SMTE)
- Dean’s Assistant for Initial Teacher Education (2008 – 2009)
- Reviewer for the following national and international journals:
- Perspectives in Education- (National)
- African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education – (National)
- African Education Review (National)
- Education as Change (National)
- African Journal of Information Systems – (International)
- International Journal of Educational Sciences – (International)
- External Moderator for the following universities including one International:
- External Moderator for the following universities including one International:
- University of Pretoria
- North West University – Potchefstroom Campus
- North West University – Mafikeng Campus
- Midlands State University – Zimbabwe (International)
- ICT integration in Teaching and Learning, Technology Adoption Models/Theories, User Acceptance of Technology, Learning Management Systems in Teaching and Learning, Programming Paradigms and the Teaching of Programming.
- Computer Science Education Methodology, Programming using an Objects First Approach.
- Successfully completed the supervision and graduation of 16 PhD students and 10 Master’s students.
- Project Title: Empowering Information Technology Teachers in Economically Deprived rural Schools – SANPAD Ref No. 10/32 (2010- 2013). ). The objective of the project was to empower teachers in IT from formerly disadvantage schools. The project involved improving IT teachers’ professional development of programming. Paired programming, problem solving, and metacognition was explored.
- Project Title: Integration of ICT (2009 – 2011). This was an NRF funded project, post PhD. Project involved the integration of ICT in 2 schools, which were part of the Vulundela Project where the focus was on empowering rural schools through ICT.
- Rugube T & Govender DW (2022). Evaluation of a Software Model for Integrating Learning Management Systems and Massive Open Online Courses, International Journal of Innovative Research and Scientific Studies, 5(3), pages: 170-183, http://ijirss.com/index.php/ijirss/article/view/493
- Mafa KR & Govender DW (2022). In-Service Science Teacher’s Perceptions Towards the Use of Information Communication Technology Tools in Teaching and Learning in a COVID-19 Environment, E-Journal of Humanities Arts and Social Sciences (EHASS) , Volume 3 Issue 8 pp 310-322, Available online at: https://noyam.org/journals/ehass DOI : https://doi.org/10.38159/ehass.2022383
- Anyanwu CC, Govender DW Ngwenya JC (2022). Integration of Technology in Business Education: Emerging Voices from Secondary School Classrooms in Nigeria, E-Journal of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences (EHASS),Volume 3 Issue 5 pp 160-174 Available online at: Https://noyam.org/journals/ehass/ DOI: https://doi.org/10.38159/ehass.2022351
- Anyanwu CC, Govender DW Ngwenya JC (2022). Responding To The New Norm: Analysing Business Education Teacher’s Technology Proficiency And The Impact On Online Teaching. International Journal of Science & Research, Vol. 78 | No. 7/1 DOI: 10.21506/j.ponte.2022.7.4
- Reginald Gerald Govender & Desmond Wesley Govender (2021) “A Physical Computing Approach to the Introduction of Computer Programming among a Group of Pre-service Teachers”, African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 25:1,pp54-65, DOI: 10.1080/18117295.2021.1924440
- Madzamba H & Govender DW ( 2021). “Investigating Determinants of Behavioural Intention to Accept Technology of Zimbabwean Teacher Education Colleges Lecturers,” Universal Journal of Educational Research, Vol. 9, No. 7, pp. 1369 – 1374, 2021. DOI: 10.13189/ujer.2021.090703.
- Kayode AE & Govender DW (2021). “Examining A Mixed-Methods Analysis of Students’ Skill Level in the Use of Computer-Based Technology In Nigerian Universities”, African Journal of Educational Management, Vol.22, Nos 1 & 2
- Abidoye AP,Ochola EO, Obagbuwa IC & Govender DW (2020). “An Improved Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm: A Technique for Extending Wireless Sensor Networks Lifetime Utilization” International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA) – Volume 11 No 8.
- Mtshali MA, Maistry SM & Govender DW (2020). Online discussion forum: A tool to support learning in business management education. South African Journal of Education, 40(2):Art. #1803, 9 pages. https://doi.org/10.15700/saje.v40n2a1803
- Govender DW & Kayode AE (2020). Examining Availability And Frequency Use Of Computer-Based Technology Resources Among Students In Nigerian Universities, International Journal of Science & Research, Vol. 76, Issue 4: http://dx.doi.org/10.21506/j.ponte.2020.4.26
- Dlalisa SF & Govender DW (2020). Challenges Of Acceptance and Usage of a Learning Management System amongst Academics, International Journal of eBusiness and eGovernment Studies, vol 12, No 1, pp 63 – 78.
- Govender, RG & Govender, DW, (2020), ROBOPROG: LEARNING OF FLOWCHARTS THROUGH A GAMIFIED EXPERIENCE , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES Vol 12, No 2, 2020 ISSN: 1309-8047 (Online) 612 – 624 https://sobiad.org/eJOURNALS/journal_IJBM/arhieves/IJBM_2020-2ek/r-govender.pdf
- Govender, RG & Govender, DW, (2020), Learning Geometry Online: A Creative Individual Learning Experience, International Journal of eBusiness and eGovernment Studies, 12(2): 151-165. doi: 10.34111/ijebeg.202012205
- Olukayode S & Govender DW (2019). A Critical Analysis Of Factors Influencing Academic Performance Of Distance E-Learners in a Nigerian University, International Journal of Science & Research,vol. 75, Issue 9, pp 49 – 64.
- Mafa KR & Govender DW (2019). Investigation Of The New Public Management Reform On Service Delivery In A Developing Country: E-Governance, International Journal of Science & Research, vol. 75, Issue 7, pp 2 – 12.
- Govender DW & Basak SK (2018). A Model of the Factors Affecting International Postgraduate Students’ Pursuit of Degrees: A Case Study, Dirasat Educational Sciences, vol 45, No 2, pp 424-434.
- Olukayode S & Govender DW (2018). The Influence of Frequency of Engagement with ICT on Academic Performance of Distance e-Learners: A Case of a Nigerian University, Journal of Education and Entrepreneurship, vol 5, No 3, pp 75-89. https://doi.org/10.26762/jee.2018.400023 ISSN: 2636-4794 (Print), ISSN: 2636-4778 (Online)
- Chitanana L & Govender DW (2018). Tracing sources of design uncertainty and controversy in Web 2.0 facilitated collaborative design process, The African Journal of Information Systems, Vol 10, Issue 2, pp 104 – 119.
- Mafa KR & Govender DW (2018). The Use Of Mobile Technology Devices In Botswana Secondary Schools To Enhance Teaching And Learning, International Journal of Sciences and Research vol 74, Issue 8, pp 198 – 213.
- Gachie W & Govender DW (2017). Innovation Policy and Governance in the African Region, International Business and Economics Research Journal, vol 16, No 2, pp 119 – 129.
- Gachie EM & Govender DW (2017). The Evaluation Of Human Computer Interface Design Of Learning Management Systems: Problems And Perspectives, Problems and Perspectives in Management, vol 15, no 3, pp 1-17
- Mafa KR & Govender DW (2017). Perceptions Of Students Towards The Use Of Mobile Devices In Improving Academic Performance: A Case Of A Senior Secondary School In A Developing Country, International Journal of Sciences and Research, vol 74, No 4, pp 220 – 233.
- Basak SK & Govender DW (2017). A Proposed Model Using ICT with Training To Increase the Research Productivity of University Academics, Dirasat Educational Sciences, vol 44, No 4, Supplement 5, pp 373-389.
- Basak SK & Govender DW (2017). A Model To Increase The Research Productivity Of University Academics Using ICT Adoption And ICT Training, Dirasat Educational Sciences, vol 44, No 4, Supplement 1, pp 377-391.
- Basak SK & Govender DW (2017). Comparative Analysis of ICT Use with Training versus ICT Use without Training to Increase Research Productivity of University Academics, Dirasat Educational Sciences, vol 44, No 4, Supplement 5, pp 359-371.
- Basak SK & Govender DW (2017). Empirical Examination of Extending the Technology Acceptance Model to Consumer E-Commerce, International Journal of Sciences and Research, vol 73, No 11, pp 396-413.
- Gachie W & Govender DW (2017). Commercialization of higher education institutions’ research within the National System of Innovation, African Journal of Science, Technology, Innovation and Development,pp 387-397 DOI: 10.1080/20421338.2017.1338387
- Gachie EM & Govender DW (2017). Practical Application Of Corporate Governance Principles In A Developing Country: A Case Study, Journal of Risk, Governance and Control, vol 2, No 2, pp 67-75.