- Honours in Computer Science,
- B. Comm,
- Discipline Coordinator : Computer Science Education (2012 to present)
- Head of School – 2010 – 2011 – School of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education (SMTE)
- Dean’s Assistant for Initial Teacher Education (2008 – 2009)
- Reviewer for the following national and international journals:
- Perspectives in Education- (National)
- African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education – (National)
- African Education Review (National)
- Education as Change (National)
- African Journal of Information Systems – (International)
- International Journal of Educational Sciences – (International)
- External Moderator for the following universities including one International:
- External Moderator for the following universities including one International:
- University of Pretoria
- North West University – Potchefstroom Campus
- North West University – Mafikeng Campus
- Midlands State University – Zimbabwe (International)
- ICT integration in Teaching and Learning, Technology Adoption Models/Theories, User Acceptance of Technology, Learning Management Systems in Teaching and Learning, Programming Paradigms and the Teaching of Programming.
- Computer Science Education Methodology, Programming using an Objects First Approach.
- Successfully completed the supervision and graduation of 4 PhD students and six masters students. Presently supervising 6 PhD students and 3 masters students.
- Project Title: Empowering Information Technology Teachers in Economically Deprived rural Schools – SANPAD Ref No. 10/32 (2010- 2013). ). The objective of the project was to empower teachers in IT from formerly disadvantage schools. The project involved improving IT teachers’ professional development of programming. Paired programming, problem solving, and metacognition was explored.
- Project Title: Integration of ICT (2009 – 2011). This was an NRF funded project, post PhD. Project involved the integration of ICT in 2 schools, which were part of the Vulundela Project where the focus was on empowering rural schools through ICT.
- Govender DW & Basak SK (2018). A Model of the Factors Affecting International Postgraduate Students’ Pursuit of Degrees: A Case Study, Dirasat Educational Sciences, vol 45, No 2, pp 424-434.
- Olukayode S & Govender DW (2018). The Influence of Frequency of Engagement with ICT on Academic Performance of Distance e-Learners: A Case of a Nigerian University, Journal of Education and Entrepreneurship, vol 5, No 3, pp 75-89.
- Chitanana L & Govender DW (2018). Tracing sources of design uncertainty and controversy in Web 2.0 facilitated collaborative design process, The African Journal of Information Systems, Vol 10, Issue 2, pp 104 – 119.
- Mafa KR & Govender DW (2018). The Use Of Mobile Technology Devices In Botswana Secondary Schools To Enhance Teaching And Learning, International Journal of Sciences and Research vol 74, Issue 8, pp 198 – 213.
- Gachie W & Govender DW (2017). Innovation Policy and Governance in the African Region, International Business and Economics Research Journal, vol 16, No 2, pp 119 – 129.
- Gachie EM & Govender DW (2017). The Evaluation Of Human Computer Interface Design Of Learning Management Systems: Problems And Perspectives, Problems and Perspectives in Management, vol 15, no 3, pp 1-17
- Mafa KR & Govender DW (2017). Perceptions Of Students Towards The Use Of Mobile Devices In Improving Academic Performance: A Case Of A Senior Secondary School In A Developing Country, International Journal of Sciences and Research, vol 74, No 4, pp 220 – 233.
- Basak SK & Govender DW (2017). A Proposed Model Using ICT with Training To Increase the Research Productivity of University Academics, Dirasat Educational Sciences, vol 44, No 4, Supplement 5, pp 373-389.
- Basak SK & Govender DW (2017). A Model To Increase The Research Productivity Of University Academics Using ICT Adoption And ICT Training, Dirasat Educational Sciences, vol 44, No 4, Supplement 1, pp 377-391.
- Basak SK & Govender DW (2017). Comparative Analysis of ICT Use with Training versus ICT Use without Training to Increase Research Productivity of University Academics, Dirasat Educational Sciences, vol 44, No 4, Supplement 5, pp 359-371.
- Basak SK & Govender DW (2017). Empirical Examination of Extending the Technology Acceptance Model to Consumer E-Commerce, International Journal of Sciences and Research, vol 73, No 11, pp 396-413.
- Gachie W & Govender DW (2017). Commercialization of higher education institutions’ research within the National System of Innovation, African Journal of Science, Technology, Innovation and Development, DOI: 10.1080/20421338.2017.1338387
- Gachie EM & Govender DW (2017). Practical Application Of Corporate Governance Principles In A Developing Country: A Case Study, Journal of Risk, Governance and Control, vol 2, No 2, pp 67-75.
- Govender D.W. & Chitanana L. (2016). Perceptions of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) for Instructional Delivery at a University: From Technophobic to Technologically Savvy, African Journal of IS, volume 8 issue 2.
- Govender D.W. & Govender T. P. (2016). Peer-to-peer programming versus individualised programming: The real world. The Independent Journal of Teaching and Learning, vol 11, pp 56-68.
- Govender D.W. & Basak S. K. (2015). An Investigation of Factors Related to Self-Efficacy for Java Programming among Computer Science Education Students, Journal of Governance and Regulation, Vol 4, Issue 4, pp 612-619
- Gachie E.M. & Govender D.W. (2015). Role of higher education institutions in private sector human capital development within a National System of Innovation, Problems and Perspectives in Management, Vol 13, Issue 2, pp 427-435.
- Mtshali M.A., Maistry S. M. & Govender D.W. (2015). Online chats: A strategy to enhance learning in large classes, South African Journal of Education, vol 35, No 4. pp 1-9
- Chitanana, L & Govender D.W. (2015). Bandwidth Management in the Era of Bring Your Own Device. The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, Vol 68 (3), pp 1 – 14.
- Basak, S.K. & Govender D.W., (2015). Development Of A Conceptual Framework Regarding The Factors Inhibiting Teachers’ Successful Adoption And Implementation of ICT In Teaching And Learning, International Business & Economics Research Journal – Volume 14, Number 3, pp 431 – 438 http://www.cluteinstitute.com/ojs/index.php/IBER/issue/view/964
- Basak, S.K. & Govender D.W., (2015). Theoretical Framework Of The Factors Affecting University Academics’ Job Satisfaction, International Business & Economics Research Journal – Volume 14, Number 2, pp 317 – 326, http://www.cluteinstitute.com/ojs/index.php/IBER/issue/view/957.
- Govender, I & Govender, D.W. (2014). Faculty perceptions about using a learning management system: A case study. Progressio, vol 36 (1), pp 34-52. http://reference.sabinet.co.za/document/EJC158124.
- Govender, N. & Govender D. (2014). Change of Science Teachers’ Use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Media Resources and its Pedagogical Use in Science Classrooms in a Developing Country, Journal of Communication, KRE Publishers, India, Vol 5 (2), pp 155-167. ISSN 0976-691X.
- Govender, I., Govender, D.W., Havenga, M., Mentz, E., Betty, B., Dignum, F. & Dignum, V. (2014). Increasing self-efficacy in learning to program: exploring the benefits of explicit instruction for problem solving. TD The Journal for Transdisciplinary Research in Southern Africa, 10(1) July 2014, pp 187-200.
- Govender DW, Govender I (2014). Technology Adoption: A Different Perspective in a Developing Country, Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences Journal, Volume 116, 21 February 2014, pp 2198-2204
- Govender DW, (2013). Using perceptual control theory to analyse technology integration in teaching, The Journal for Transdisciplinary Research in Southern Africa, 9(1) July 2013, pp. 171 – 181. http://reference.sabinet.co.za/document/EJC139012
- Breed, B., Mentz, E., Havenga, M., Govender, D., Govender, I., Dignum, F. & Dignum, V. (2013).Views of the Use of Self-directed Metacognitive Questioning during Pair Programming in Economically Deprived Rural Schools. African Journal of research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 17(3), pp 206-219. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10288457.2013.839154
- Havenga, M., Breed, B., Mentz, E., Govender, D., Govender, I., Dignum, F. & Dignum, V. (2013). Metacognitive and Problem-Solving Skills to Promote Self-Directed Learning in Computer Programming: Teachers’ Experiences. SA-eDUC JOURNAL, 10(2) 2 October 2013, pp 1-14.
- Govender, D.W., Govender, I., Breed, B., Havenga,M., Dignum, F. & Dignum, V. (2013). Supporting Information Technology (IT) Teachers through Programming Professional Development: A South African Case Study, Journal of Communication, 4(2), pp 153-160. http://www.krepublishers.com/02-Journals/JC/JC-04-0-000-13-Web/JC-04-2-000-13-Abst PDF/JC-04-2-153-13-055-Govender-D-W/JC-04-2-153-13-055-Govender-D-W-Tt.pdf
- Govender D.W. (2012). A model to predict educators’ attitudes towards technology and thus technology adoption. African Education Review, Vol 9 (3) Nov 2012. pp 132 -152
- Govender D.W., Maistry S. (2012). Exploring teachers’ propensity for technology adoption in Business Education. Journal of Social Sciences, Oct 2012, vol 31, (2), pp 193-202.
- Govender, I. & Govender, D.W. (2012). A constructivist approach to teach a programming course: Students’ responses to the use of a LMS. African Journal of research in Mathematics, science and technology Education. 16(2), pp 111-125.
- Mentz, E., Bailey, R., Havenga, M., Breed, B., Govender, D., Govender, I., Dignum, F. & Dignum, V. (2012). The diverse educational needs and challenges of Information Technology teachers in two black rural schools. Perspectives in Education, 30(1), pp 238-258.
- Govender D.W. (2010). The attitudes of students towards the use of a learning management system in a face-to-face learning mode of instruction. African Education Review, Vol (2) Nov 2010 pp 244-262.
- Govender, D.W. & Govender, I. (2009). The Relationship between Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Integration and Teachers’ Self-efficacy Beliefs about ICT. Education as Change. 13(1), pp 153-165.
- Govender D.W & Maharaj M (2007). The Attitudes of Educators to Information Technology Adoption in School Settings. Alternation – Vol 12 (2), pp 79 – 91 – ISBN 1023-1757.