Dr. Annatoria Zanele Ndlovu
|Phone||031 260 37 84|
|Office Address||CU 150|
- Teaching Diploma
- Advanced Certificate in Education
- B.Ed. Honors
- Master’s Degree
- Employed as a Maths tutor in the School of Education in 2012 to 2015 then employed as permanent lecturer in the School of Education, UKZN since January 2016. Responsibilities have included: PhD and Masters Research dissertations supervision; lecturing and co-ordinating undergraduate mathematics modules.
- I have coordinated project within university and across universities since 2016 (University of Zululand and Durban University of Technology).
- I am the Co-ordinator of the Maths Novice teachers project working with Professor Bansilal.The aim of the project is provide professional development to Novice teachers. I am the external Examiner of Maths Lit modules at DUT (Indumiso). Trained educators from Northern Cape Department of Education and Free State Department of Education farm schools in multi-grade teaching methods and assessment (2003 – 2004). Worked with Department of Education in Piloting Curriculum tracker in Pinetown and King Cetshwayo District for grade 9 and 10. Served as a reviewer for AMESA and Journal of Education and Training Studies.
Granted funding by NRF to run a project on error analysis to improve pre-service teachers’ subject matter knowledge of school maths.
- In 2016 I was awarded the certificate of Staff Excellent by College of Humanities.
- In 2016 I was awarded the certificate of participation at ICME conference in Germany
- I am part of a working group of Prim Ted committed to develop teaching material for Foundation and intermediate phase mathematics teachers. This projects involves all the South African Universities offering Foundation and Intermediate phase. Working with colleagues within the University and NGO (Pilo) I am part of the project evaluating the usage of curriculum tracker in Pinetown and King Cetshwayo district. The findings will be published in a book. I have published papers on pre-service teachers’ mental constructions of mathematics concepts and presented in local and international conference.
- The new era I am pursuing is focusing on Teacher knowledge for both in-service and pre-service mathematics teachers.
- Involve in the teaching of content and method modules across all phases for undergraduates and teaching understanding research to B.Ed Honours Students.
|Ngcobo Sazi Edward (Graduated in 2016)|
Current Masters’ Students
- I provide motivational talks to high school learners and career guidance.
Publications/Selected Publications (2014 – 2016):
- African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology, Volume 19 Issue 2, Year 2015
- Pre-service teachers mental constructions of Determinants: International Journal of Education Studies, Volume 4 Issue 1,2 Year 2016
- PONTE Journal, Vol. 73 Issue 3, Year 2017.