- Doctor of Philosophy, UKZN, 2016
- ED, University of Natal, 1998
- Ed. (Hons) (then B.Ed.), University of Natal, 1994
- A (Hons)(isiZulu), University of Natal, 1993
- A, University of Botswana and Swaziland (UBS), 1983
- Concurrent Diploma in Education, UBS, 1983
- Language and gender
- Critical literacy, multi-literacies and adolescents
- Girlhood and young women’s well-being
- Bilingualism and multilingualism
- Language education
- Critical language awareness
- Gender, sexuality and culture
Chapters in Books
- Ngcobo, N, Nkosi, Z & Sheik, A (in Press) What is all means: Young Rural Women Confronting Covid -19. Girlhood Studies
- Ngcobo, N (2015) The use of film as an intervention in addressing gender Violence: Experiences in a South African secondary school. Agenda, 29 (3), pp. 32-41.
- Ngcobo,N, Nkosi, Z, Buthelezi,T & Ntuli, S (2014) The Use of a Situational Approach in teaching isiZulu Language to Non-mother tongue Speakers. Alternation Special Edition 13, pp 273-291
- Hlongwa, T, Ngcobo, N, Mhlongo,B & Ntuli, S (2014) IsiZulu as Conduit for Accessing Education: Students becoming Partners in Knowledge Discovery. Alternation Special Edition 13, pp. 155-172.
- Nkosi, Z; Ntuli, S and Ngcobo, N (2014) Lecturers’ Experiences in Supervising Research in the Medium of IsiZulu and their Language Preferences in Disseminating Research. Alternation Special Edition 12, pp. 49-76
- Ngcobo,N (2012) Yesterday as a study for tomorrow: on the use of film texts In addressing gender and HIV and AIDS with secondary school youth in KwaZulu-Natal in Educational Research for Social Change Vol. 1 (2) Nov 2012. Pp 71-83.
- James, A; Ralfe, E, Van laren. L, & Ngcobo, N. (2006) “Reacting, adapting and responding to change: experiences of multicultural and anti-racism teacher education post 1994” in South African Journal of Higher Education Vol 20 (5).
Chapters in Books
- KIDZAID TRUST (2004) – The Trust is interdenominational and it raises funds for organisations that work with HIV/AIDS orphans and vulnerable children and their care givers.
- Literature and language
- Reading and viewing