- BA, BA(Hons), MA, HDE(PG)
- Experience: Has taught Secondary school Afrikaans and worked as a Curriculum Advisor. Since joining UKZN in 2005, teaching of Afrikaans Methodology for Home and additional Language as well as the teaching of Afrikaans Literature and Language has been the area of focus.
Teaching and Research interests
- Literary Identity and Space; Afrikaans Teaching, Second Language Learning and Teaching, Afrikaans Literature, Youth Literature, Language Pedagogy; Youth Literature; Afrikaans Literature; Blended Learning; Technology for Language Learning & Teaching; Sociolinguistics
- Supervised at the Honours level.
- Afrikaanse Jeugboekfees, DBE textbook Screening for CAPS compliance