- PhD (UKZN)
- Success and Support in Higher Education, Curriculum Studies, Teaching and Learning in Higher Education and Rurality
- Undergraduate and post-graduate teaching in Education and Professional Development, Curriculum Studies, Assessment and Research
- Mngomezulu, S and Ramrathan, L, (2015). Academic Intervention Experiences of ‘At Risk’ Students in a South African University. Published by Alternation journal: Interdisciplinary Journal for the study of the Arts and Humanities in Southern Africa, September 2015
- Kalenga, R and Mngomezulu, S (2015). Exploring Psycho-social Challenges of Underperforming Students in the Faculty of Education at the University of Kwa Zulu Natal in South Africa. International Journal of Contemporary and Applied Studies of Man, 2015
- Mngomezulu, S, Dhunpath, R and Munro, N (2017). Does financial assistance undermine academic success? Experiences of ‘at risk’ students in a South African university. Journal of Education, Issue 67, http://joe.ukzn.ac.za
- Ntombela, S and Mngomezulu, S (2018). Crossing disciplinary boundaries: Students’ experiences of facilitating a learning support programme at a South African university. The Journal for Transdisciplinary Research 2018
- Mngomezulu, S. (2019). Delayed disclosure of disability related needs: Experiences of “at-risk” students in a South African university. Journal of Psychology in Africa, 29(3), 270-274.
- Lungile Masinga, Nomkhosi Nzimande & Samukelisiwe Khumalo (2020) Can the curriculum be a tool to engage pre-service teachers in prevention of discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity? A teacher–educator dialogue, Agenda, DOI: 10.1080/10130950.2019.1706999
- Khumalo, S; Singh-Pillay, A.& Subrayen, R. Reflections on Differently Abled Students’ Challenges with Online Learning amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic and Lockdown. In Smit, J.A., N. Mkhize, N. Ndimande-Hlongwa & L. Ramrathan (eds.), Alternation African Scholarship Book Series, Volume # 04 – ISBN: 978-0-9869936-5-7. DOI: https://doi.org/10.29086/978-0-9869936-5-7/2020/AASBS04 (pp. 188 – 208). Durban:CSSALL Publishers
- Jayaluxmi, N., Singh-Pillay, A., Khumalo, S, & Van Wyk, M. (2020). Exploring the Praxis and Traits of Mentor Teachers who are valued by Pre-Service Teachers. Journal of Educational Studies Volume 19(1)2020.