- B.Ed (Hons)
- M.Ed (cum laude),
- BEd – Professional Studies 110; Teaching Practice 120 (2006-2011)
- MEd – Generic research modules (2008-2014)
- PhD – Cohort supervision (2008-2014)
- NRF grant: Teachers’ Work Project (2014-2016)
- HELTASA National Commendation for Excellence in Teaching (2012)
- Distinguished Teacher’s Award (2011)
- Teaching and Learning Innovations and Quality Enhancement Grant (2010)
- Winner: Best Scholarly Engagement. Research Indaba, U of Pretoria (2009)
- Tripartite Research Collaboration Scholarship – Belgium (2009)
- Tripartite Research Collaboration Scholarship – Belgium (2008)
- Merit Award from the University of KwaZulu-Natal for excellent work (2007)
- Leap Lectureship in Education (2006 – 2008)
- Fulbright Scholarship to Michigan State University (2003 – 2004)
Teacher education, higher education, medical education, gender, discourse analysis
- Laura Campbell: Certain the curriculum, uncertain the context: Palliative care in context (2012)
- Sharon Bengtson: What young children say about violence in their school (2010)
- Romy Ganassi: The reading experiences of grade four children (2010)
- Devakumari Poovan: Exploring principals’ speeches: Sensitising student teachers to school contexts (2012)
- Nessa G Reddy: Exploring an orientation programme for student teachers: A discourse analysis of principals’ speeches (2012)
- Somadhanum Naidoo: Exploring orientation speeches of school principals: Inspirational invitations to student teachers (2012)
- Wade Cafun: The relationship between teachers’ conceptions of globalisation and professional learning (2012)
- Sathiaveni Duel Moodley: The influence of context on teachers’ conceptions of professional expertise (2013)
- Vanmala Poonsamy: The influence of context on novice teachers’ professional development (2013)
- Isaiah David: A social justice analysis of policies on internationalization in a higher education institution (2014)
- Amin, N. (2020). Teachers’ perspectives of the parent involvement hexis in under-resourced urban schools. In, G. van Schalkwyk & N. Toren (Eds). Parental involvement: Practices, improvement strategies and challenges. New York: Nova Science Publishers. Pp 143-170.
- Martin, M. & Amin, N. (2020). Teacher care work in situations of severe deprivation. Pastoral Care in Education. DOI 10.1080/02643944.2020.1725906
- Govind, M. & Amin, N. (2017). Towards a realistic description for new radiology graduates in South Africa. Alternation, 24(2), 56-74.
- Ndlovu, Z.A., Amin, N. & Samuel, M.A. (2017). Examining pre-service teachers’ subject matter knowledge of school mathematics. Journal of Education. Issue 70, 45-71.
- Amin, N., Samuel, M.A. & Dhunpath, R. (2016). Undoing cognitive damage. In, M.A. Samuel, R. Dhunpath & N. Amin (Eds). Disrupting higher education curriculum: Undoing cognitive damage. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. (p. 3-16).
- Amin, N. (2016). Curriculum without borders? In, M.A. Samuel, R. Dhunpath & N. Amin (Eds). (2016). Disrupting higher education curriculum: Undoing cognitive damage. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. (P. 291-303).
- Samuel, M.A., Dhunpath, R. & Amin, N. (Eds). (2016). Disrupting higher education curriculum: Undoing cognitive damage. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. Pp. 303. [Edited Book]
- Amin, N. & Vithal, R. (2015). Teacher knowing or not knowing about students. South African Journal of Education. Vol. 35(3), online. # 1078, 9 pages. Doi: 10.15700/saje.v35n3a1078
- Maharajh, L.R. & Amin, N. (2015). A gender critique of the eight Hindu marriage forms. Journal of Gender & Religion in Africa. Vol. 21(2), 77-98.
- Nnabuike N.C., Amin, N. & Moodley, J. (2015). Ruptured subcapsular haematoma of the liver due to pre-eclampsia presenting as interstitial pregnancy and the role of intra-abdominal packing. Nigerian Journal of Clinical Practice. Vol. 18(2), 300-304.
- Campbell, L. & Amin, N. (2014). Potential benefits and challenges of traditional healers providing aspects of palliative care in rural South Africa. Rural and Remote Health. 14:2378 (online).
- Ngene, N.C., Amin N. & Moodley, J. (2014). Ruptured subcapsular hematoma of the liver due to pre-eclampsia presenting as interstitial pregnancy and the role of intra-abdominal packing. Nigerian Journal of Clinical practice. (forthcoming).
- Campbell, L. & Amin, N. (2013). Dilemmas of telling bad news: Paediatric palliative care providers’ experiences in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. South African Journal of Child Health. 7(3), 113-116.
- Amin, N. & Campbell, L. (2012). A post-structural glimpse at the World Health Organization’s palliative care discourse in rural South Africa. Journal of Rural and Remote Health, 12: 2059 (online).
- Amin, N. (2012). Excavating memories: A retrospective analysis of mathematics teachers’ foregrounds. Pythagoras, 33(2) #178, 9 pages.
- Amin, N. (2011). Critique and care in higher education assessment: From a Cartesian plain to Mobius congruity. Alternation, Vol. 18(2), 268-288.
- Amin, N., & Dhunpath, R. (2019). Curriculum without borders: Transdisciplinary, interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary teaching in higher education. Alternation, (2019) 1-3.
- Dhunpath, R., Amin, N. & Chatradari, D. (2018). Higher education today: Crises, contestations, contemplations and futures. 25,1-11.
- Amin, N. (2018). African inspired scholarship of teaching and learning. African Perspectives of Researching Teaching and Learning. 2,1-5.
- Dhunpath, R., Amin, N. & Khumalo, L. (2017) Advancing teaching innovation and research excellence in higher education. 24(2), 1-11.
- Dhunpath, R., Amin, N. & Msibi, T. (2016). Can policy learn from practice? Alternation 23(1), 1-14.
- Dhunpath, R., Amin, N. & Msibi, T. (2015). Comparative perspectives on higher education systemic change, curriculum reform, quality promotion and professional development. Alternation 16, 1-8.
- Amin, N. & Govinden D. (2014). Autobiographies, biographies and writing lives. Agenda. 98(28.1), 1-4.
- Dhunpath, R., Amin, N. & Msibi, T. (2014). Re-envisioning African Higher Education: Alternative Paradigms, Emerging Trends and New Directions.
- Dhunpath, R., Nakabugo, M.G. & Amin, N. (2013). Higher education in an era of reconstruction, internationalisation, competition and cooperation. Alternation, 20(2).
- Dhunpath, R. & Nakabugo, M.G. & Amin, N. (2012). Transformational trends in higher education scholarship and curriculum. Alternation, 19(2), 1-11.
- Amin, N. & Vandeyar, S. (2014). Theoretical underpinnings of researching good teacher education practices: Some methodological considerations. In, S. Vandeyar (ed.). Good practice in culture rich classrooms: Research-informed perspectives. Cape Town: Oxford University Press.
- Vandeyar, S. & Amin, N. (2014). Good practice in culture rich classrooms. In, S. Vandeyar (ed.). Good practice in culture rich classrooms: Research-informed perspectives. Cape Town: Oxford University Press.
- Amin, N. & Govinden, D. (2012). Sari stories: Fragmentary images of ‘Indian women’. In, C. Mitchell & R. Moletsane (Ed). Was it something I wore? Gender, dress and material culture in social research. (pp. 323-340) Pretoria: HSRC Press.