- Doctor of Philosophy-Educational Psychology (Early Childhood Development), UKZN, 2022
- Master of Education-Educational Psychology (Early Childhood Development), UKZN, 2014
- Honours in Leadership and Management, UNISA, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, UNISA, 1998
- ECCE teachers’ development.
- Planning of teaching activities for young children development.
- Well-being of children from birth to four.
- Quality and equality in the early years.
- Collaboration to transform ECCE.
- Policies/professionalism and transformation in the Early Childhood Care and Education sector.
- Community of Practice/ Collaboration in Early Childhood Care and Education.
- The empowerment of Early Childhood Care and Education centers in disadvantaged communities.
- Life Skills in the Early Childhood Development
- Creative Arts
- Mathematics in the Early Years
- First Additional Language Teaching Methodologies in the Foundation Phase.
- Early Childhood Care Education Modules.
- Numeracy in the Early Years-EDPY 110- Teaches basic Foundation Phase mathematics content to first-year students.
- English Literacy Method 1 First Additional Language (FAL)- Teach First Additional Language teaching skills to second-year students.
- English Literacy Method 2 First Additional Language (FAL)- Advance students’ FAL teaching skills.
- Institutional Teaching Practice- Provided guidance to prepare students for Teaching Practice.
- Early childhood Development Module- Taught the essential aspects of childhood development.
- Curriculum Development in ECD- Guided students on how ECD Curriculum is developed and reviewed.
- Creative Arts in ECD- Guided students to integrate creative arts in the ECD and Foundation Phase Teaching.
Chapters in Books
- Zama, C.Z. & Mashiya, N. (2022). ‘Early Childhood Care and Education teachers’ experiences of integrating the activities of the national curriculum framework into themes’, South African Journal of Childhood Education, 12(1), v12i1.https://doi.org/10.4102/sajce
- Moodley, D., Smith, C., Joubert, I., Singh, P., Sookraj, R., & Zama, Z. (2016). Developing open source materials for foundation phase: Diverse spaces for collaboration. South African Journal of Higher Education, 30(5), 84-103. https://doi.org/10.20853/30-5-597
Chapters in Books
- Mbalenhle Ngcobo (2022). The impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on black students in higher education in South Africa A transition to online learning.
- (2021) Foundation and ECD phases focus on reading in the mother tongue before reading in a second language: Nalibali Project between literacy teacher educators.
- (2022) Mapping of Emergent Reading Professional Development Material for isiZulu Home Language: VVOB Project in South Africa.