- BEd, MEd, PhD
- 18 years university teaching experience
- Have been Discipline Coordinator; MEd Programme Coordinator; Head of School of Education Studies
- Spencer Foundation Scholarship for PhD
- Educational Leadership in trying school contexts;
- Leadership development;
- Rural education;
- Indigenous African leadership
- Educational Leadership
- Graduated 3 PhDs; 30 Master’s
- Naicker, I., Chikoko, V & Mthiyane, S.E. (2014) Does Mentorship Add Value to In-service Leadership Development for School Principals? Evidence from South Africa. Anthropologist. 17(2) 421-431.
- Kalenga, R. & Chikoko, V. (2014) The state of Inclusion in one South African Primary School: Evidence from one School Principal. J Soc Sci, 38(2) 321-331.
- Kalenga, R., Chikoko, V. & Khanare, F. (2013) Leadership practices among the Lamba people of Zambia: Some implications for school leadership. Indilinga African Journal, 12(2) 231-241.
- Naicker, I., Morojele, P., Pithouse-Morgan, K., Pillay, D. & Chikoko, V. (2014) Moving towards Curriculum Intellectualising in the Context of Divergent Notions of African Scholarship. Accepted in: African Studies
- Chikoko, V. & Chiome, C. (2013) Quality tutorials in open and distance learning: Exploring experiences of Zimbabwe Open University students. African Educational Research Journal, 1(3): 152-160.
- Morojele, P., Chikoko, V. & Ngcobo, T. (2013) Do women have to ‘Grow Muscles’ in Order to Successfully Manage Schools? Evidence from Some South African Female School Principals. Anthropologist, 15(2): 199-207.
- Chikoko, V., Pillay, D., Pithouse-Morgan, K.J., Morojele, P., & Naicker, I. (2013) What Access? Lived Experiences of International Post-graduate Students from Africa Studying in a South African University. J Soc Sci, 37(2): 167-177.
- Naicker, I., Chikoko, V. & Mthiyane, S.E. (2013) Instructional leadership practices in challenging school contexts. Education As Change. 17(S1): S137-S150.
- Chikoko, V. & Khanare, F. (2012) School Management Teams’ Conceptualisation of School Assets in Addressing the Needs of Children Orphaned and Made Vulnerable by HIV and AIDS: Evidence from South Africa. J Soc Sci, 32(1): 23-36.
- de Lange N; Pillay, G. & Chikoko V. (2011) Doctoral learning: A case for a cohort model of supervision and support. SAJE 31(1), 15-30.
- Chikoko, V., Gilmour, J.D., Harber, C. & Serf, J. (2011) Teaching Controversial issues and teacher education in England and South Africa. Journal of Education for Teaching, 37(2) pp 5-19.
- Chikoko, V., Naicker, I., & Mthiyane, S.E. (2011) Leadership Development: School principals’ portfolios as an instrument for change. Education as Change, 15(2) 317-329
- Chikoko, V. & Jorgensen, K.M. (Eds.) (2012) Education Leadership, Management and Governance in South Africa. New York: NOVA Publishers.
- Townsend, T., MacBeath, J. (Eds.), with Al-Barwani, T., Avalos, B., Bogotch, I., Chikoko, V., Dempster, N., Moos, L., O’Brien, J., Sackney, L. and Walker, A. (2011) International Handbook of Leadership for Learning. London: Springer.
- Chikoko, V. & Magadla, M. (2012) Learner Involvement in School Governance: Where are We? In Chikoko, V. & Jorgensen, K.M. (Eds.). Education Leadership, Management and Governance in South Africa. New York: NOVA Publishers.
- Chikoko, V. (2011) The Challenge of Teaching in Under-Resourced Schools: A Reflection on Pre-service Teachers’ Journals, IN Islam, F., Mitchell, C., deLange, N., & Combrinck, M. (Eds.), School-University Partnerships for Educational Change in Rural South Africa: Particular Challenges and Practical Cases. Lewiston: The Edwin Mellen Press.
- Chikoko, V. & Rampai, A. T. (2011) School Culture and Pupil Performance: Evidence from Lesotho, IN Townsend, T. & McBeath, J. (Eds.), International Handbook of Leadership for Learning. London: Springer. pp 1195-1214.
- Forde, R.D. & Chikoko, V. (2012) What Teachers Understand About the Leadership of Pupils. In Chikoko, V. & Jorgensen, K.M. (Eds.). Education Leadership, Management and Governance in South Africa. New York: NOVA Publishers.