- BA (UNIZUL), BA(HONS) (UN), BED (UN), MED (Bristol)
- Currently lecturing Educational Management modules to MEd, BED(hons) students.
- 1997 to date: Supervising students’ researches at MEd and BEd (hons) levels.
- 1995 -2006: Supervising BEd and PGCE students in teaching practice.
- 2005-2010: Coordinated Educational Leadership Management and Policy Discipline at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- 2005 -2007 : Coordinated South African Democratic Teachers Union School Management Teams Training Workshops with 500 participants.
- 2005 -2010 Member of UKZN- DOE task Team responsible for driving Advanced Certificate in Education (School Leadership) funded by National Department of Education with 200 participating principals.
- 2005: Coordinated Strategic Planning workshop. A School of Education and Development workshop at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- 2001- 2004: Coordinated Educational Management Discipline at Masters level at University of Durban-Westville.
- 2004: Co-author of the policy document titled “Continuous Professional Development and Support” used by all KwaZulu-Natal schools.
- 1995 -1997: Coordinated M.Ed programme: Teacher Opportunity Programmes (TOPS).
- Educational leadership, Management and Policy
- Education Leadership, Management and Policy
- Bayeni, S.D. (2012). The principals’ influencing education policy practice: A case study of two schools. In V. Chikoko & K. M. Jorgonsen (Eds.), Education Leadership, Management and Governance in South Africa. New York: Nova Science publishers Inc.
- In 2012 I presented a papers titled (a) ‘When God, Angels and the Devil smile at the same time! Is this how policy practice is conceptualized in effective schools’ at 13 International Education Management Association of South Africa conference 2012 held in University of KwaZulu-Natal (Edgewood Campus) 27-29 July 2012 in Durban
- In 2012 I presented a papers titled (b) ‘Chronicling the causes of school decline: voices of school principals and superintendents of education in KwaZulu-Natal’ at 13 International Education Management Association of South Africa conference 2012 held in University of KwaZulu-Natal (Edgewood Campus) 27-29 July 2012 in Durban
- In 2011 I presented a paper titled ‘Politics in Decision making in schools: Principals strategies’ at the 12 International Education Management Association of South Africa conference 2012 held at Cape Peninsula University of Technology (Bellville Campus) , 11-13 March 2011 in Cape Town
- In 2008 I presented a paper titled ‘Problem of Policy Implementation’ in the Commonwealth Council For Educational Administration and Management (CCEAM Conference
- 2008. International Convention Centre, Durban, South Africa.
- In 2007 I presented a paper titled ‘Schools as contested terrains: a school management perspective’ in the Kenton Education conference in Cape Town, South Africa.
- In 2005 I presented a paper ‘A critical analysis of implementation strategies of Integrated quality management system: a school perspective’ at the Kenton Education conference in East London, South Africa.
- In 2004 I presented a paper titled ‘Strategic Planning and Development at the Department of Education symposium. KwaZulu-Natal.
- In 2002 I presented a paper titled ‘Education Policy Analysis’ at the Post Graduate Symposium held by the University of Durban-Westville, South Africa.
- In 1999 I presented a paper titled ‘Leadership and Management of Education: a South African perspective’ in Sweden at the International School Connection Conference, Stockholm, Sweden.
- In 1997 I presented a paper titled ‘A South African Education Management context’ at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) conference in Chicago, United States of America.
- In 1997 I presented a paper titled ‘A South African Education Management context’ at the University of Michigan, United States of America.
I have supervised and graduated 23 Med students in the Education Leadership Management and Policy
- Mthembu Bongani (graduated in 2014) the supervisory roles of Head of Departments in rural primary schools: Challenges and problems
- Zuma Lovedale Zuma (graduated in 2013) implementation of Foundation for Learning Policy: a case study of two primary schools in Mobeni Ward
- Bhikisha Mqondisi (graduated in 2013). The challenges of performance management on school effectiveness: An integrated quality management system perspective
- Maime Marethabile Catherine: (graduated in 2012) Experiences of female principals as primary school leaders in Lesotho.University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Myeni Faith (graduated in 2012). Managing experiences of two women principals in high schools at Obonjeni District in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Fikani Mthethwa (graduated in 2012) Challenges facing heads of departments in rural schools. University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Gumede Jabulani Paul William (graduated in 2011).
- Managing a prision school within the context of transformation: Perspectives of the school management team. University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Arokium John (graduated in 2011) An investigation of the copies strategies used by teachers to deal with stress. University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Chetty, Pragashen. (graduated in 2010). The role of Developmental Appraisal teams in Tteacher Development in Schools.University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Zulu, Goldstone Khulani. (graduated in 2009). The Challenges in the Implementation of the Alternatives to Corporal Punishment in the Rural Primary Schools in KwaZulu-Natal. University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Malataliana, Margaret.Maretselisitsoe.(graduated in 2009). Stakeholders’ Experiences of School Financial Management in the Context of Free Primary Education: A case study of Two Primary Schools in the Rural Areas of Berea District in Lesotho. University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Naidoo, Jeeva. (graduated in 2008). Leading and Managing Adult Basic Education and Training Centres: A comparative case study of two ABET Centres in KwaZulu-Natal. University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Mkhize, Dezil Zakhele. (graduated in 2008). Challenges Faced by the Selection Committees During Selection Process and Recommendations of the Appointments of Educators Particularly to Promotional Posts in the Rural Areas. University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Ndlovu-Mamba, Zolile. (graduated in 2006). (co-supervised with Dr Buthelezi, passed with distinction). Assessing the Role of School Managers in Implementing Integrated Participatory Approaches Towards HIV and AIDS Interventions in Schools: A study of the ‘Learning Together’ Rural Project. University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Canca, Christella .Nokuzola. (graduated in 2004). The poor performance of grade 12 learners in the District of Mount Frere of the Eastern Cape. University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Bharath,Neresh. (graduated in 2004.The Effects of Rationalization and Redeployment on the Culture of Teaching and Learning in Selected Primary Schools. University of Durban-Westville.
- Naidoo, Kamalanathan Abbayi. ( graduated in 2004). Challenges that Come with the Implementation of the Developmental Appraisal System. University of Durban-Westville.
- Zulu, Nonhlanhla.Maureen. ( Graduated in 2003) The Management of Academic Development Programmes in tertiary Institutions in South Africa. University of Durban-Westville.
- Kganye Nee-Nyembe, Phumzile. (graduated in 2000). (co-supervised with Prof Vithal, R) Educators’ Perceptions About Effective Principals in Secondary Schools. University of Durban-Westville.
- Gounden, Balenthran. (graduated in 2000) (co-supervised with Prof Jonathan Jansen, graduated with cum laude] How School Governing bodies Manage New Legislation in South Africa. University of Durban-Westville.
- Mnqayi, Amos .Z .(graduated in 1999). Attitudes of secondary school principals towards the new school governance policies.University of Durban-Westville.
- Kanjana, Doreth Dorothy (graduated in 1999). (co-supervised with Prof Bhagwandeen] Perceptions of Learners About Relevance of the High School Curriculum in the Eastern Cape. University of Durban-Westville.
- Peffer, Franklin. (graduated in 1997). An Investigation into the Effects of a Structured Parent and Teacher home Plan on Parent Involvement and Student Outcomes. University of Durban-Westville
- A member of the Advisory Committee of the Department of Office Technology at Mangosuthu University of Technology