- PhD (UKZN)
I have joined the higher education sector last year (2016) as a lecturer in the University of KwaZul-Natal, School of Education. Prior to joining this University, I taught for a period of ten years in the basic education sector
- In 2013, I was promoted to Deputy Principal and this was a great achievement in my life. Again, in 2016, I was appointed to Lecturer position in the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- My research interests are on exploring the lived experiences of leaders in schools, particularly the lived experiences of Deputy Principals. I am also interested in exploring self-initiated professional development of teachers.
- I enjoy teaching about leadership and management and the role that leaders or managers can play to achieve effectiveness in schools.
- Blose, S. & Naicker, I. (2018). Learning from the Narratives of Deputy Principals: A Discussion of their Work in Deprived Contexts. In V. Chikoko (Ed.), Leadership That Works in Deprived School Contexts of South Africa. (pp. 161-184). New York: NOVA Science Publishers. [ISBN: 978-1-53613-062-1].
- I have successfully supervised twelve BEd Honours students in year 2016 also co-supervised two MEd students. Currently, I am supervising ten BEd Honours students and two MEd students.
- I am actively involved in organizing Leadership seminars in the ELMP discipline. This involves organizing guest presenters and inviting school leaders to seminars.