|Current: September 1, 2010-||
University of KwaZulu-Natal
||Professor and JL Dube Chair in Rural Education;|
|2008- July 2010||Human Sciences Research Council||Director: Gender and Development Unit|
|2005-2007||University of KwaZulu-Natal||Deputy Dean (Post-Graduate Studies and Research)|
- 2012 Winner: Distinguished Women in Science: Social Sciences and Humanities Award (South African National Department of Science and Technology)
- 2014: Echidna Global Scholar, Centre for Universal Education, Brookings Institution, Washington DC.
- 2015: Aspen New Voices Fellow, Aspen Institute, Washington, DC.
- Rurality, Gender, Sexuality, Sexual Violence and Participatory Visual Methods
- Rural Education; Education and Development; Curriculum Studies; Gender and Education
- Supervised over 50 students at Honours; Masters and PhD levels
- Pini, B., Moletsane, R. and Mills, M. (Eds). (2016). Education and the Global Rural: Feminist perspectives. London and New York: Routledge.
- Mitchell, C., de Lange, N. and Moletsane, R. (in press). Participatory Visual Methodologies: Social Change through Community and Policy Dialogue. London: SAGE.
- Mitchell, C. and Moletsane, R. (Eds.). (forthcoming). Youth Engagement Through the Arts and Visual Practices: Addressing Sexual Violence. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers (under contract)
Chapters in Books
- 2012- Member: Dira Sengwe Conferences.
- May 2014: Member of Review Panel (Review of the NRF IKS Funding Instrument)
- 2016-17: Member of Inter Ministerial Task Team on Evaluation of Textbooks and LTSM , Department of Basic Education.
- 2016 -17: Member of the High Level Panel on “Assessment of Key Legislation and Acceleration of Fundamental Change
- 2016: Chair: Research Team: Developing a Rural Education Framework, Department of Basic Education