- PhD in Educational Leadership Management and Policy
- I have been a Mathematics and Engineering Graphics and Design High school Teacher. I am currently teaching at Honours and Masters level
- Educational Leadership
- Education District Leadership
- Mathematics Education
- Gender and Leadership
- Teacher Professional Development
- I teach Honours module: Leading and Managing Change in Education, Introduction to Educational Leadership and Management, Leading and Managing People in Education. I also teach Research Proposal Development at a Masters level
- Chikoko, V., & Mthembu, P. (2020). Financing primary and secondary education in sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic review of literature. South African Journal of Education, 40(4).
- Mthembu, P., Bhengu, T.T. & Chikoko, V. (2020). Leading from the Middle for improving teaching and learning outcomes: Perspectives from two education districts in South Africa. International Journal of Sciences and Research, 76(12/1), 87 – 103
- Makhasane, S. D., & Mthembu, P. (2019). Exploring school violence misconceptions and professional development of teachers. African Renaissance, 16(3), 49-66.
Chapters in Books
- I supervise various postgraduate students at the Honours, Masters and Doctoral levels in the discipline of Educational Leadership Management and Policy
- I work with a rural district in KwaZulu-Natal, wherein I support the district office in implementing their strategies to support schools. I also lead a multidisciplinary research project, working with Mathematics Education Discipline. In this project, we have partnered with the Amajuba District office in their pursuit of improving Grade 8 and 9 Maths teachers’ pedagogical practice in the district. I have also conducted several workshops for principals, school management teams, district officials and provincial office administrators in Gauteng Province, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo and Northern Cape education departments on educational leadership and management issues.