- MSc Geography (UKZN)
- BSc Honours Geography and Environmental Management (UKZN)
- BSS Geography and Environmental Management (UKZN)
- 2018- To date: Lecturer, University of KwaZulu-Natal – Education and Development
- 2015-2017: Junior Researcher, Human Sciences Research Council
- Poverty, vulnerability and social and environmental justice
- Youth, education and economic and labour market dynamics in South Africa
- Geographies of children and young people
- Using large dataset (census, surveys) and GIS to analyse socio-economic and spatial issues
- Teaching modules in Education and Development.
- Shirin Motala, Stewart Ngandu & Aubrey Mpungose (2016). Gains for women from farmland redistribution in South Africa and sustainable pathways out of poverty – insights from recent evidence, Agenda, 30:4, 85-98.
Complete Research Record
- Mpungose, A. (2016). Megaprojects, Urban Development and Dreams: Socio-spatial, Economic and Environmental Impacts of proposed Port Expansions in Durban. Presented at the 2016 eThekwini Research symposium, 5-6 April.
- Mpungose, A. (2016) Speculative mega-projects: Impacts of proposed port expansions in Durban. HSRC Review, 4, 31-33.
- Mpungose, A. (2016). Gendered Outvcomes: Evaluation of NDA Funded Projects in South Africa. Presented at the HSRC Poverty and Inequality Conference, 22-23 November.