- PhD in Education
- Masters in Educational Psychology
- BEd Honours in Educational Psychology
- ACE in Mathematics and STD in Commerce.
- Finalising Masters in Higher Education Studies
- 2017- To date: Lecturer, University of KwaZulu-Natal – Higher Education Studies
- 2012-2016: UKZN Research Office Principal Administrative Officer
- 2008-2012: UKZN Contract Lecturer – Discipline of Educational Psychology
- MAC AIDS Fund Leadership Initiative Fellow
- National Research Foundation Awardee
- Visual and Participatory Methods
- HIV and AIDS-related Stigma Issues
- University-community partnerships
- Postgraduate Supervision
- Addressing Barriers to Learning and Inclusive Education
- Digitisation and Technology Education
- Educational Development in Higher Education
- Higher Education Curriculum
Supervise at Masters and Doctoral levels
- Judge Chair for the National Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS) Digital Humanities Awards (2017-2018).
- Assist matric students from two rural schools with online university entrance applications. I have been involved in this exercise since 2008 when I obtained access to do research for my Masters, PhD and MACAIDS research project.
- Fomunyam, K. G., & Mnisi, T. (2017). Temperament as a Determinant of Success in Formative Assessment in Engineering Education. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 12(14), 4152-4161.
- Mnisi T. (2015). Digital Storytelling: Creating participatory space, addressing stigma, and enabling agency. Perspectives in Education, 33(3)92-105.
- Mnisi, T., De Lange, N., & Mitchell, C. (2010). Learning to use visual data to ‘save lives’ in the age of AIDS. Communitas, 15(1), 183-202.
- De Lange, N., Mnisi, T., Mitchell, C., & Park, E. (2010). Giving life to data: University-community partnership in addressing HIV and AIDS through building digital archives. E-Learning and Digital Media, 7(2), 161-172.