- Awarded the HSRC:CSD scholarship for Master’s degree study
- Awarded the Spencer Foundation Grant for PhD study
- Leadership Development
- Human Resource Management
- School Governance
- Internationalisation of Higher Education and Self-Reflexive Research
- Human Resource Management
- Research Proposal Development
- Successfully supervised over fifteen Masters studies and two PhD studies
- Naicker, I.; Morojele, P.; Pithouse-Morgan, K.; Pillay, D.; & Chikoko, V. (2014). Moving towards curriculum intellectualising in the context of divergent notions of African Scholarship. African Studies, 73(2).
- Naicker, I., Chikoko, V. & Mthiyane, S.E. (2014). Does mentorship add value to in-service leadership development for school principals? Evidence from South Africa. Anthropologist, 17(2), 421-431.
- Van Laren, L., Pithouse-Morgan, K., Chisanga, T., Harrison., L., Meyiwa, T., Muthukrishna, N., Naicker, I., & Singh, L. (2014). ‘Walking our talk’: Using metaphor drawings to explore supervision of postgraduate self-study research. South African Journal of Higher Education, 28(2), 639-659.
- Naicker, I., Chikoko, V. & Mthiyane, S.E. (2013). Instructional leadership practices in challenging school contexts. Education as Change,17(S1), S137-S150.
- Chikoko, V., Pillay, D., Pithouse-Morgan, K.,Morojele, P. & Naicker, I. (2013). What access? Lived experiences of international postgraduate students from Africa studying in a South African university. Journal of Social Sciences. 37(2), 167-177.
- Pithouse-Morgan, K.; Morojele, P.; Pillay, D.; Naicker, I. & Chikoko, V. (2012). “The air is hostile…” Learning from an African international postgraduate student’s lived stories of a university campus as a pedagogic setting. Alternation, 19 (2), 73-93.
- Chikoko, V., Naicker, I. & Mthiyane, S.E. (2011). Leadership development: School principals’ portfolios as an instrument for change. Education as Change, 15(2), 317-329.
- Mncube, V.S. & Naicker, I. (2011). School governing bodies and the promotion of democracy: a reality or a pipe-dream? Journal of Education Studies, 10(1), 144-163.
- Blose, S. & Naicker, I. (2018). Learning from the Narratives of Deputy Principals: A Discussion of their Work in Deprived Contexts. In V. Chikoko (Ed.), Leadership That Works in Deprived School Contexts of South Africa. (pp. 161-184). New York: NOVA Science Publishers. [ISBN: 978-1-53613-062-1].
- Pillay, D., Pithouse-Morgan, K., & Naicker, I. (2017). Composing Object Medleys, In D. Pillay, K. Pithouse-Morgan & I. Naicker (Eds.), Object Medleys: Interpretive Possibilities for Educational research. (pp. 1-8). Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
- Chisanga, T. & Naicker, I. (2017). A Religious Object Medley: Objects as Signifiers of the Values, Beliefs, and Practices of Servant Leaders. In D. Pillay, K. Pithouse-Morgan & I. Naicker (Eds.), Object Medleys: Interpretive Possibilities for Educational research (pp. 197-213). Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
- Naicker, I. (2012). Policy on educator post provisioning in public schools: A critique of the South African experience. In V. Chikoko and K. M. Jorgenson (Eds.), Education Leadership, Management and Governance in South Africa (pp. 163-177). Hauppauge, New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Naicker, I. (2011). Developing school principals in South Africa. In T. Townsend & J. MacBeath (eds), International Handbook of Leadership for Learning (pp. 431-444). Dordrecht, Heidelberg, London, New York: Springer.