The maximum number of students registered for first year and the Foundation programme in the College of Humanities.
4408, based on 2020 College enrolments
- The team developing the template has highlighted the need to ensure that an appropriate amount of funding is allocated to this module. This is a module that deals with sensitive issues and aims to be performative rather than simply ticking a box. It is imperative that adequate resources are available to ensure that the pedagogical aims are achieved. A separate document on principles for the module delivery has been developed, and is appended.
- Multiple streams of lectures require multiple lecturers.
- Requires a number experienced lecturers who work within the framework of critical pedagogy/social justice education and can manage the content in an experienced and sensitive manner.
- Requires a dedicated academic coordinator
- Requires a dedicated administrator
- Requires an extensive tutorial team
- Requires adequate tutorial venues with appropriate equipment
- Due to the sensitive nature of the topic, extensive training requirements for tutors and preparation workshops for the lecturers. Although the design for the module is blended, physical contact delivery of the content will be important due to the sensitive content covered in the module.
Assessment, Consultation and Module Administration
Hours on this module
Each School will have a dedicated professional services staff member seconded to the module coordinator. A professional services staff member will also need to be appointed to support with the administration of the module centrally. Alternatively 3 module administrators will be appointed across sites (1800hrs per administrator). The module administrators will administer the module for all students registered for the module in the School or at the site.