Community Engagement Actions
The appointment for the Community Engagement Academic Leader was on 1st August, but officially announced on 8th August.
During the period of 8th August to 30th November the Community Engagement activities undertaken are the following:
Meetings and Presentation participation (a selection)
- 21st August – Learning Barriers planning meeting with Educational Psychology staff – Professor Hlalele; Dr Jairam; Dr Muribwathoho and Mr Mweli.
- 1st September – Attend workshop – RPL as Specialised Pedagogy.
- 4th September – Student Services – exploring diverse student actions – hydroponics and planting fruit trees (food security), funding and funders, recognised student organisations and their actions – on going discussion – Ms Sheri Seetal.
- 5th September – Renaming buildings – Prof Msibi, Dr Pillay, Mr Mbongwe.
- 5th September – Eskom Expo – mentoring of students to engage rural schools in participating in the expo, which occurs every year during August – Ms Dookie.
- 11th September – WESSA AND German student visit in Pmb and Gavin Heath
- 12th September – Sustainable Living planning meeting – Ms Lutchmiah (eThekwini Municipality)
- 12 September – The plan – Brainstorming / think tank workshop with students, staff and community organisation and I-Innovate (changed due to strike). Actual – a meeting with Mr Benson and Ms Crookes.
- 4th October –Community Engagement discussions with DUT staff – Professor Lortan and Dr Timm – Collaboration – common vision for KZN and Community Engagement initiatives.
- 9th October – Read to Learn Conference – Pmb.