Social Science Education
Welcome to the Thematic Group: Social Science Education in the School of Education (SSE).
To be the leading inter-disciplinary school that promotes African scholarship through teaching, research and outreach in social sciences education.
In the spirit of ‘uMuntu ngumuntu ngabantu’ [a person is a person through other people] we seek to become a leading school for teaching, research and outreach in social science education
We make a commitment to:
- Emphasising values of mutual respect, equity and social justice
- Promoting responsiveness in interactions amongst staff, between staff and students, and between the School and its partners
- Enhancing disciplinary depth and inter-disciplinary collaboration
- Valuing students as a central focus in the life of the School
- Focusing particularly on using the African context and the intellectual perspectives this offers as an opportunity to address universal challenges of learning, teaching and research
- Making a scholarly contribution to the Faculty of Education, the College of Humanities, and the broader University
For information about our modules and majors (undergraduate and postgraduate) please follow our link: