Welcome Message from the Dean
It is with great pleasure and excitement that I warmly welcome you to the website of the School of Education. Ours is the largest School in the College of Humanities at the University of KwaZulu-Natal and we are proud of our excellence in the academic trinity.
In line with the academic structure which the University of KwaZulu-Natal adopted in 2012, the School of Education is made up of the following six clusters:
- Science and Technology Education
- Mathematics and Computer Science Education
- Social Sciences Education
- Education Studies
- Education, Development, Leadership and Management
- Language, Arts and Media Education
Mission Statement In the spirit of ‘uMuntu ngumuntu ngabantu’ [a person is a person through other people] we seek to become a leading cluster for teaching, research and outreach in Social Science Education.